Sunday, April 28, 2013

Laundry Room Makeover



 





This is my FIRST post ever, so bear with me...
My laundry room was so ugly! Every time I went to do laundry, I hated to see all the "stuff" on the shelves out in the open..Toilet paper, paper towels, hangers..etc..etc
These are the BEFORE pics

 
 
 
 

I found cabinets on Craigs List ($120 for ALL THESE!!)


My husband got started hanging the cabinets, and these are the AFTER pics :)

I insisted on the shelf behind the washer / dryer because things were ALWAYS falling behind there.

 
 
 

I got the knobs on clearance at Home Depot and the baskets on Clearance at Home Goods (they are actually for pets..the liner has paws on it, so I covered it with a pin! Even the dirty clothes baskets look PRETTY!


OH, and after we used three of the cabinets, I sold the rest for $150!! So, I actually MADE MONEY on this project! LOL

I'm linking to








 
 



DIY Show Off
Sumo's Sweet StuffCreativeShare
 
 One on sidebar
 
Hickory Trail
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Lori, this is an amazing makeover! Plus, you actually made money doing it...that never happens. :) Awesome transformation! Love those new laundry baskets, too. I know this room makes you smile each time you look in...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      Thanks for your kind comments. You are truly an inspiration to me.
      Lori

      Delete
  2. Hi Lori, What a nice job you did! I'm always on the lookout for laundry room ideas, and I LOVE your shelf behind the appliances. Think I'll borrow that for my room! Martha from Michigan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha,
      The shelf was a MUST have! We were constantly knocking things behind the washer!
      Lori

      Delete

01 09 10